ATESEA Chair and ED attend FTESEA Board Meeting
Dr. Tan Kim Huat and Dr. Limuel Equina were invited by FTESEA to attend its Board Meeting at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in Philadelphia on October 11-14, 2018.
Prior to the meeting, FTESEA held a forum on “A Critical Assessment of the Past and Present Legacy of the Contributions of FTESEA to Theological Education in Asia and Possible Future Directions” in commemoration of its 80 years of ministry in supporting theological education in Asia. The guests invited to speak on the topic were:
- Dr. Ching-fen Hsiao (former Chair of the FTESEA Board)
- Dr. Yeow Choo Lak (former Executive Director of ATESEA)
- Dr. Wati Longchar (former ETE/WCC consultant for Asia and the Pacific)
Dr. Frank Yamada, Executive Director of The Association of Theological Schools in the US and Canada, also shared his vision of ATS in the present context of theological education and formation in North America.
The ATESEA leaders, Drs. Tan and Equina, reported on the progress of ATESEA’s programs for the year. The FTESEA Board was supportive of ATESEA’s current initiatives and expressed its continued support to ATESEA in addressing the needs of theological education based on its three-pronged thrusts, namely: Faculty Development, Library Development, and Women Leadership.
During the meeting, the FTESEA Board elected the following officers for the year 2019:
- Chair: Rev. Dr. Jeffrey Kuan (President, Claremont School of Theology)
- Vice Chair: Rev. Dr. Dorcas Gordon (Interim Director, Toronto School of Theology)
- Secretary: Rev. Dr. Lester Ruiz (ATS Director of Accreditation and Global Engagement)
The newly elected members of the FTESEA Board are`:
- Dr. Lee Hinson-Hasty, Senior Director, Theological Education Funds Development of the Presbyterian Foundation
- Dr. Mary Foskett, Professor in the Department for the Study of Religions of Wake Forest University