Functions and Powers of Officers
1. President/Chairperson of the Board of Trustees – The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Association. He/she shall preside in all meetings of the members of the Association and the Board of Trustees.
He/she shall execute all resolutions of the Board of Trustees. He/she shall be charged with directing and overseeing the activities of the association. He/she shall submit to the Board as soon as possible after the close of each fiscal year, and to the members of each annual meeting, a complete report of the activities and operations of the association for the fiscal year under his term.
2. Vice-President/Vice – Chairperson of the Board of Trustees, if qualified, shall exercise all powers and perform all duties of the President during the absence or incapacity of the latter and shall perform duties that maybe assigned by the Board of Trustees.
3. Secretary – The Secretary shall give all notices required by these by-laws and keep the minutes of all meetings of the members and of the Board of Trustees in a book kept for the purpose. He/she shall keep the seal of the Association and affix such seal to any paper or instrument requiring the same. He/she shall have custody of the members’ register and the correspondence files of the Association. He/she shall also perform all such other duties and work as the Board of Trustees may from time to time assign to him/her.
4. Treasurer – The Treasurer shall have charge of the funds, receipts and disbursements of the Association. He/she shall keep all moneys and other valuables of the Association in such banks as the Board of trustees may designate. He/she shall keep and have charge of the books of accounts. He/she shall also perform such other duties and functions as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Board of Trustees. He/she shall post a bond in such amount as may be fixed by the Board of Trustees.
5. Executive Director – The Executive Director shall have the following powers and duties:
a. To implement and carry out the policies of the association and shall report to the Association during its general assembly and to the Board of Trustees during its regular or special meetings;
b. To propose and implement plans and programs of the Association;
c. Shall be the Dean of the ATESEA Theological Union;
d. Shall organize the General Assembly, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee meetings; and
e. Shall be responsible for carrying out the duties assigned to him/her by the Board of Trustees.