The Association for Theological Education in South East Asia shall meet regularly in a General Assembly once every four years. Ad hoc sessions of the General Assembly may be called by the Executive Committee of the association to consider such business as specified by the request for the meeting.
The general assembly is composed of the following:
- Heads of member-institutions or their delegated representatives (Regular and affiliate members are entitled to one official representation per institution).
- Representatives of churches in the region whose number and designation shall be determined by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee.
- Guests and consultants whose number and designation shall be determined by the General Assembly or the Executive Committee.
Voting privileges shall be restricted to member institutions and representatives of churches (1) and (2) above.
The functions of the General Assembly are as follows:
- To review the state of theological education in the region.
- To set policies, program-directions, and establish relationships in accordance with the aims of the Association.
- To authorize the establishment of long term theological education programs (such as the ATESEA Theological Union) and to provide for their operations.
- To authorize the establishment and composition of standing Commissions and Committees such as the Accreditation Commissions, etc. as it deems necessary to carry forward the aims of the Association. When necessary, church people or representatives from churches in the region may be included in the membership of these standing commissions or committees.