LIMITATION OF POWERS
The actions of the Association for Theological Education in South East Asia shall not be construed as implying control of policy or limitation of freedom of action of member –institutions.
The General Assembly, the Executive committee, the Resource Commission, the Accreditation Commission, and other standing Commissions may draw up their respective by-laws consistent with the Constitution. The by-laws may be amended at any regular session of the General Assembly or at any annual meeting of the Executive Committee by a simple majority of members’ presents and voting upon recommendation of the respective committee or commission.
The constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the voting members of the General Assembly in regular session. Proposed amendments which affect the substance of the Constitution may be proposed by any member-institution or by the Executive Committee, and shall be reported to the members at least three months in advance of their scheduled consideration and adoption.
Two persons not members of the executive Committee will be elected as Honorable Auditors at each General Assembly and will hold office for four years and may not be re-elected. They will be required to audit each year’s accounts and present a report upon them to the Executive Committee Meeting. They may be required by the Chairperson to audit the Association’s Accounts for any period within their tenure of office at any date and make a report to the Committee.
1. Gambling or any kind, whether for stakes or not, is forbidden on the Association’s premises. The introduction of materials for gambling or drug taking and of bad characters into the premises is prohibited.
2. The funds of the Association shall not be used to pay the fines of members who have been convicted in Court.
3. The Association shall not attempt to restrict or in any other manner interfere with trade or prices or engage in any Trade Union activity.
4. The Association shall not hold any lottery, whether confined to its members or not, in the name of society or its office-bearers, Committee or members.
5. The Association shall not indulge in any political activity or allow its funds and/or premises to be used for political purposes.
1. The Association shall not be dissolved, except with the consent of not less than 3/5 of the members of the Association eligible to vote, either in person or by proxy at a General Assembly convened for the purpose.
2. In the event of the Association being dissolved as provided above, all debts and liabilities legally incurred on behalf of the Association shall be fully discharged, and the remaining funds will be given to member-institutions.